Thursday, June 7, 2007

Job, the Saga

This morning I called the Detroit consulate's office back to see if anything had changed with my JET Application. Well, I was expecting bad news, but it's actually mediocre news. I'm now at the top of the wait list, but I'm still waiting. It could be anytime now, and he seems to think my chances are pretty good, but the waiting is the hardest part. (If you're wondering, John, that song is by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) Now I have to debate whether to sink my time into preparing for the GRE, or applying for other jobs.

Anyway, I guess that was sort of good news, but there' s still no resolution to this job search bs, but the end may be in sight...

What I really wanted to do was actually write down everything that happened pertaining to my job over the past year, the whole story, for posterity. Just to let it all out one last time.

I first heard about Lost Highway in the Spring of 2006, and was interested in the project, because it seemed like a good opportunity to put my sound engineering to good use. By the time fall rolled around, Concert Sound had informally agreed to do it, but none of the details for the gig were set.

No comments: